are urgently seeking a dynamic individual who can support and motivate
groups of young people through their volunteer placements. Experience
in this area – either voluntary or professional – is an advantage along
with excellent organisational and communication skills. The
opportunities for growth and learning on this incredible farm are
- Work with family to ensure smooth running of daily life and volunteer programme
- Act as intermediary between family and volunteers - help with translation as needed (the family only speak Spanish)
- Welcome new volunteers and help to orientate them.
- Assist in the regular processing of chocolate, fruits,
vegetables and medicinal herbs
- Motivate, support and train all volunteers
- Assist in ensuring the comfort and wellbeing of volunteers
- Intermediate Spanish
- Experience leading/organising groups
- Experience living in a communal setting
- Hardworking, adaptable and willing to learn
- Interest in education, organic agriculture & food production, permaculture and chocolate production
- Positive and passionate about working with people from a diverse range of backgrounds
- This is an unpaid voluntary position offering the opportunity to develop a huge range of invaluable skills
- Free food and private accommodation with an amazing family in the stunning rainforest
Opportunity to learn an infinite amount about sustainable living,
organic farming, resiliency and entrepreneurial business in a poor rural
- Gain valuable experience working with young people and managing a volunteer programme
- Learn how chocolate is made, and help with quality control!
- Experience rural life in a close-knit and inspirational community in Costa Rica.
- Swim in the river or waterfall after work everyday!
For further information and enquiries please contact Vicki at firstname.lastname@example.org